Establishing a new account
Bio-REV is the exclusive distributor for ATCC in Singapore. Customers who wish to purchase from ATCC have to order from Bio-REV as per ATCC’s Distribution Policy.
To purchase ATCC products, you are required to have an account with us. To apply for an account please complete the appropriate New Account Application Form and submit to Bio-REV together with all supporting documents as stipulated in the application form.
For Malaysia customers, please contact our Malaysia office for more information on ATCC ordering – sales(at)bio-rev(dot)com
Steps for application of account
- You are required to provide details about your organization, billing information, shipping address, end-user information, lab and product use and credit references.
- Fill in all the sections of the form. If the query does not apply to you, please enter N/A.
- Print the completed application.
- Sign the completed application and include the MTA along with additional required documents.
- If your organization is setting up a billing account and does not have a shipping address, please contact our customer service before filling up the form.
ATCC distributes a variety of materials within several Biosafety Levels and classifications. ATCC understands some researchers may only choose to order non-infectious research materials. However, you will need to review the biosafety levels listed below and select the one that fits your research.
1) Biosafety Level 1: Not known to cause disease in healthy adult humans
BSL-1 is suitable for work involving well-characterized agents not known to consistently cause disease in immunocompetent adult humans, and present minimal potential hazard to laboratory personnel and the environment. Special containment equipment or facility design is not required, but may be used as determined by appropriate risk assessment. Laboratory personnel must have specific training in the procedures conducted in the laboratory and must be supervised by a scientist with training in microbiology or a related science.
This level does not include access to BSL-2 and BSL-3 materials.
2) Biosafety Level 2: Presents a moderate risk and should be handled under BSL-2 guidelines
BSL-2 is suitable for work involving agents that pose moderate hazards to personnel and the environment. It differs from BSL-1 in that:
- laboratory personnel have specific training in handling pathogenic agents and are supervised by scientists competent in handling infectious agents and associated procedures;
- access to the laboratory is restricted when work is being conducted; and
- all procedures in which infectious aerosols or splashes may be created are conducted in BSCs or other physical containment equipment.
This level includes access to BSL-1 and does not include access to BSL-3 materials.
3) Biosafety Level 3: Strains require the use of BSL-3 laboratory practices and containment
BSL-3 is applicable to clinical, diagnostic, teaching, research, or production facilities where work is performed with indigenous or exotic agents that may cause serious or potentially lethal disease through inhalation route exposure. Laboratory personnel must receive specific training in handling pathogenic and potentially lethal agents, and must be supervised by scientists competent in handling infectious agents and associated procedures.
This level includes access to BSL-1 and BSL-2 materials.
If you have any questions regarding completing the forms, please do not hesistate to contact us via email at sales(at)bio-rev(dot)com or telephone at (65) 6273 3022.
Approval for new accounts takes about three to five business days after receipt of application by ATCC.
Distribution of ATCC materials in the United States and internationally is regulated by the U.S Government. All orders must conform to applicable government regulations and ATCC policies.
Local Ordering Terms and Conditions can be found here.